Slide 1 of 10
WORST 5. Pete’s Dragon (1977)
Even with a hipster nostalgia for the tangerine-colored 1970s, it’s hard to make it through this gooey Disney musical — a Mary Poppins wannabe — about the orphan boy Pete (orphan = Disney!) and his mostly invisible, otherwise animated green dragon voiced by essence-of-’70s comedian Charlie Callas. Let’s just say that the notion of Pete escaping the clutches of the mean hillbilly family that ”owned” him doesn’t get cuter with time. And that Shelley Winters’ work as the yee-haw clan’s matriarch was not her finest work. —Lisa Schwarzbaum
Image Credit: Everett Collection
July 31 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!