Slide 1 of 10
WORST 5. Pete’s Dragon (1977)
Even with a hipster nostalgia for the tangerine-colored 1970s, it’s hard to make it through this gooey Disney musical — a Mary Poppins wannabe — about the orphan boy Pete (orphan = Disney!) and his mostly invisible, otherwise animated green dragon voiced by essence-of-’70s comedian Charlie Callas. Let’s just say that the notion of Pete escaping the clutches of the mean hillbilly family that ”owned” him doesn’t get cuter with time. And that Shelley Winters’ work as the yee-haw clan’s matriarch was not her finest work. —Lisa Schwarzbaum
Image Credit: Everett Collection
January 27 2015 — 2:11 PM EST
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!