Slide 1 of 10
WORST 5. Pete’s Dragon (1977)
Even with a hipster nostalgia for the tangerine-colored 1970s, it’s hard to make it through this gooey Disney musical — a Mary Poppins wannabe — about the orphan boy Pete (orphan = Disney!) and his mostly invisible, otherwise animated green dragon voiced by essence-of-’70s comedian Charlie Callas. Let’s just say that the notion of Pete escaping the clutches of the mean hillbilly family that ”owned” him doesn’t get cuter with time. And that Shelley Winters’ work as the yee-haw clan’s matriarch was not her finest work. —Lisa Schwarzbaum
Image Credit: Everett Collection
July 31 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!