Slide 1 of 10
WORST 5. Pete’s Dragon (1977)
Even with a hipster nostalgia for the tangerine-colored 1970s, it’s hard to make it through this gooey Disney musical — a Mary Poppins wannabe — about the orphan boy Pete (orphan = Disney!) and his mostly invisible, otherwise animated green dragon voiced by essence-of-’70s comedian Charlie Callas. Let’s just say that the notion of Pete escaping the clutches of the mean hillbilly family that ”owned” him doesn’t get cuter with time. And that Shelley Winters’ work as the yee-haw clan’s matriarch was not her finest work. —Lisa Schwarzbaum
Image Credit: Everett Collection
July 31 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!