Slide 1 of 8
Olympic glory: Jenner broke a world record and won the gold medal in the men’s decathlon at the 1976 Montreal Games.
Fame post-Games: Can’t Stop the Music, Keeping Up With the Kardashians
He may not have the most famous last name in his K-fixated basik-kable kadre, but Jenner was known once upon a time for his athletic abilities instead of his reality show meltdowns. He broke a world record, graced a Wheaties box, and immediately parlayed his victory into appearances hosting Battle of the Network Stars and starring in the Village People movie Can’t Stop the Music, among other accomplishments. But Jenner’s savviest business move of all may have been marrying branding expert (and fertility phenom) Kris Kardashian (now Jenner). More than 36 years after his win, Jenner returns to the Games in an official capacity — as an Olympic correspondent for E!, Keeping Up’s home network.
Judges say… Gold medal for longevity. His career has had an arc like a high-flying javelin.
Image Credit: AP; E! Entertainment
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!