Slide 1 of 9
1. First time can be a box office charmLethal Weapon (1987)
”Lethal Weapon was my first exposure to Mr. Black’s work and I’ve been a fan of his writing ever since,” says Fanboys screenwriter Ernest Cline, a self-professed Shane Black obsessive. ”If you haven’t seen this action classic, Mad Max plays an ex-Special Forces L.A. cop with a death wish, and his partner, Danny Glover, is one week from retirement. Three sequels later, this idea was still selling movie tickets.”
Image Credit: Everett Collection
March 4 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!