Slide 1 of 12
The 2001 Premiere of ‘A Knight’s Tale’
On May 11, 2001, A Knight’s Tale arrived in theaters with then-rising star Heath Ledger acting as leading man. The late actor, who earned one of his first big-screen credits for the gig, played William Thatcher, a squire with a talent for jousting. Also featuring Shannyn Sossamon (pictured above), Rufus Sewell, Mark Addy, Alan Tudyk, and Paul Bettany, the movie brought in $117.5 worldwide and became a favorite among viewers. See photos from A Knight’s Tale’s 2001 premiere, ahead.
Image Credit: Steve Granitz/WireImage
May 11 2016 — 8:37 AM EDT
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'