Slide 1 of 29
Abigail Breslin Sings!
The indie drama Janie Jones, which debuts at the Toronto International Film Festival Sept. 17, stars Little Miss Sunshine’s Abigail Breslin as a girl whose crack-addicted mother abandons her at a concert with a rocker (Junebug’s Alessandro Nivola, left) after breaking the news that he’s her father. The pair use singing to connect. ”It’s awkward in the beginning,” Breslin explains. ”They don’t really know each other, and it’s a way to break the ice.” The vocals, in fact, were what drew Breslin to the project. ”Not that I think I’m a great singer or anything, but I do like to sing,” she explains. ”I’ve never really done it before — I’ve only really sung at my church Christmas party.”—Tanner Stransky
September 17 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!