Slide 1 of 29
Abigail Breslin Sings!
The indie drama Janie Jones, which debuts at the Toronto International Film Festival Sept. 17, stars Little Miss Sunshine’s Abigail Breslin as a girl whose crack-addicted mother abandons her at a concert with a rocker (Junebug’s Alessandro Nivola, left) after breaking the news that he’s her father. The pair use singing to connect. ”It’s awkward in the beginning,” Breslin explains. ”They don’t really know each other, and it’s a way to break the ice.” The vocals, in fact, were what drew Breslin to the project. ”Not that I think I’m a great singer or anything, but I do like to sing,” she explains. ”I’ve never really done it before — I’ve only really sung at my church Christmas party.”—Tanner Stransky
September 17 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!