Slide 1 of 29
Abigail Breslin Sings!
The indie drama Janie Jones, which debuts at the Toronto International Film Festival Sept. 17, stars Little Miss Sunshine’s Abigail Breslin as a girl whose crack-addicted mother abandons her at a concert with a rocker (Junebug’s Alessandro Nivola, left) after breaking the news that he’s her father. The pair use singing to connect. ”It’s awkward in the beginning,” Breslin explains. ”They don’t really know each other, and it’s a way to break the ice.” The vocals, in fact, were what drew Breslin to the project. ”Not that I think I’m a great singer or anything, but I do like to sing,” she explains. ”I’ve never really done it before — I’ve only really sung at my church Christmas party.”—Tanner Stransky
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!