Slide 1 of 29
Abigail Breslin Sings!
The indie drama Janie Jones, which debuts at the Toronto International Film Festival Sept. 17, stars Little Miss Sunshine’s Abigail Breslin as a girl whose crack-addicted mother abandons her at a concert with a rocker (Junebug’s Alessandro Nivola, left) after breaking the news that he’s her father. The pair use singing to connect. ”It’s awkward in the beginning,” Breslin explains. ”They don’t really know each other, and it’s a way to break the ice.” The vocals, in fact, were what drew Breslin to the project. ”Not that I think I’m a great singer or anything, but I do like to sing,” she explains. ”I’ve never really done it before — I’ve only really sung at my church Christmas party.”—Tanner Stransky
September 17 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!