Slide 1 of 20
Singin’ in the Rain
The transition from silent films to talkies is a struggle for superstar Don Lockwood (Gene Kelly), but it’s pure glee for viewers. From the first shuffle of ”Fit As a Fiddle” to the last note of the splashy ”Broadway Melody” ballet, Kelly and Stanley Donen’s 1952 film is the gold standard of meta-filmmaking. —Lanford Beard
Image Credit: Warner Bros.
October 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!