Slide 1 of 8
The plot: In a distant future, a ravaged, trash-strewn Earth has been abandoned by its most elite residents, who enjoy lives of pampered privilege on a gigantic, tricked-out space station. But there’s life on the blue planet yet — as they’ll discover when one brave, soulful, robotically enhanced ground-dweller fights his way onto the floating paradise.Sounds a lot like… Wall-E (2008)Too close for comfort? Pretty bad — but not quite as blatant as Oblivion, which echoed that basic premise, then added EVE-like drones and a Wall-E-esque glorified janitor as its protagonist.
Image Credit: Kimberley French; Disney
August 8 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Alice in Wonderland': Witticisms and Wisdom From the Disney Classic
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?