Slide 1 of 8
The plot: In a distant future, a ravaged, trash-strewn Earth has been abandoned by its most elite residents, who enjoy lives of pampered privilege on a gigantic, tricked-out space station. But there’s life on the blue planet yet — as they’ll discover when one brave, soulful, robotically enhanced ground-dweller fights his way onto the floating paradise.
Sounds a lot like… Wall-E (2008)
Too close for comfort? Pretty bad — but not quite as blatant as Oblivion, which echoed that basic premise, then added EVE-like drones and a Wall-E-esque glorified janitor as its protagonist.
Image Credit: Kimberley French; Disney
August 8 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!