Slide 1 of 12
CHRISTIAN BALE Mary, Mother of Jesus (1999, TV) WHAT IT IS A tepidly received TV movie in which the story of Jesus is seen through the eyes of his mom (Pernilla August), who is portrayed as feisty and outspoken instead of a quiet bystander.FINAL JUDGMENT Bale had the right first name for playing Christ, but it was the role of Bruce Wayne that finally made him a star — and a partnership with David O. Russell that finally welcomed him among the Oscar-anointed.
Image Credit: Everett Collection
April 20 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels