Slide 1 of 12
Mary, Mother of Jesus (1999, TV)
WHAT IT IS A tepidly received TV movie in which the story of Jesus is seen through the eyes of his mom (Pernilla August), who is portrayed as feisty and outspoken instead of a quiet bystander.
FINAL JUDGMENT Bale had the right first name for playing Christ, but it was the role of Bruce Wayne that finally made him a star — and a partnership with David O. Russell that finally welcomed him among the Oscar-anointed.
Image Credit: Everett Collection
April 20 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!