Slide 1 of 12
Mary, Mother of Jesus (1999, TV)
WHAT IT IS A tepidly received TV movie in which the story of Jesus is seen through the eyes of his mom (Pernilla August), who is portrayed as feisty and outspoken instead of a quiet bystander.
FINAL JUDGMENT Bale had the right first name for playing Christ, but it was the role of Bruce Wayne that finally made him a star — and a partnership with David O. Russell that finally welcomed him among the Oscar-anointed.
Image Credit: Everett Collection
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!