Slide 1 of 16
How … exotic. Katy Perry opened the show like the hostess of a Times Square Japanese restaurant, performing ”Unconditionally” in a kimono surrounded by tip-toeing dancers and with a precious garden as her backdrop, before disappearing in an embarrassed cloud of smoke. It was an especially strange choice of window-dressing (Japanese screen-dressing?) for what’s supposed to be one of the more directly emotional songs on her confident new album. B-
Image Credit: Christopher Polk/Getty Images
November 25 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!