Slide 1 of 16
How … exotic. Katy Perry opened the show like the hostess of a Times Square Japanese restaurant, performing ”Unconditionally” in a kimono surrounded by tip-toeing dancers and with a precious garden as her backdrop, before disappearing in an embarrassed cloud of smoke. It was an especially strange choice of window-dressing (Japanese screen-dressing?) for what’s supposed to be one of the more directly emotional songs on her confident new album. B-
Image Credit: Christopher Polk/Getty Images
November 25 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!