Slide 1 of 10
The newest trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man has a tricky mission statement. It has to remind people why they love a character who has already toplined three mega-grossing films, while also establishing that the reboot will tell a distinctive story. Thus, the trailer leads with the most obvious new addition: Unlike the Sam Raimi trilogy, which opted to make Spidey’s web-shooting an outgrowth of his radioactive spiderpowers, Amazing will reinstate the idea that Peter Parker invents the web-shooters. Unfortunately, this brings up the old real-world gripe: If Peter Parker can invent a super-strong elastic substance, why doesn’t he sell it to the military-industrial complex and make billions of dollars? (He could be a philanthropist!)
Click here to watch the new Amazing Spider-Man trailer
February 8 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!