Slide 1 of 9
FX’s American Horror Story has decided to get an education…in witchcraft. Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s anthology series’ appropriately subtitled Coven (premiering Oct. 9 at 10 p.m.) is set at Miss Robichaux’s Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies, a New Orleans institution for witches that masquerades as an all-girls private school. AHS mainstays Jessica Lange (above) and Sarah Paulson play mother and daughter as well as magical mentors to a group of young spell casters, including The Bling Ring’s Taissa Farmiga and We’re the Millers’ Emma Roberts.
Lange, whose character Fiona is called a ”Supreme” witch for her powerful abilities, loved relocating to New Orleans for Coven. ”There’s a magic to this place,” says the actress. She adds, ”Yesterday I came out of my house and there was a tour going by; I heard the tour guide talking about witchcraft, so I stopped and thought, ‘Oooh, maybe I can get some information here.’ Research!”
Image Credit: PETER YANG for EW
October 8 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!