Slide 1 of 9
FX’s American Horror Story has decided to get an education…in witchcraft. Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s anthology series’ appropriately subtitled Coven (premiering Oct. 9 at 10 p.m.) is set at Miss Robichaux’s Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies, a New Orleans institution for witches that masquerades as an all-girls private school. AHS mainstays Jessica Lange (above) and Sarah Paulson play mother and daughter as well as magical mentors to a group of young spell casters, including The Bling Ring’s Taissa Farmiga and We’re the Millers’ Emma Roberts.
Lange, whose character Fiona is called a ”Supreme” witch for her powerful abilities, loved relocating to New Orleans for Coven. ”There’s a magic to this place,” says the actress. She adds, ”Yesterday I came out of my house and there was a tour going by; I heard the tour guide talking about witchcraft, so I stopped and thought, ‘Oooh, maybe I can get some information here.’ Research!”
Image Credit: PETER YANG for EW
October 8 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!