Slide 1 of 9
FX’s American Horror Story has decided to get an education…in witchcraft. Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s anthology series’ appropriately subtitled Coven (premiering Oct. 9 at 10 p.m.) is set at Miss Robichaux’s Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies, a New Orleans institution for witches that masquerades as an all-girls private school. AHS mainstays Jessica Lange (above) and Sarah Paulson play mother and daughter as well as magical mentors to a group of young spell casters, including The Bling Ring’s Taissa Farmiga and We’re the Millers’ Emma Roberts.
Lange, whose character Fiona is called a ”Supreme” witch for her powerful abilities, loved relocating to New Orleans for Coven. ”There’s a magic to this place,” says the actress. She adds, ”Yesterday I came out of my house and there was a tour going by; I heard the tour guide talking about witchcraft, so I stopped and thought, ‘Oooh, maybe I can get some information here.’ Research!”
Image Credit: PETER YANG for EW
October 8 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!