Slide 1 of 11
Elliott Yamin (season 5)
”It was just emotional,” is how Elliott Yamin described Hollywood Week. Worried about his beloved mom, who was in the hospital, Elliott broke down after he advanced despite some botched lyrics in a solo. The soulful singer also had to share the stage with Terrell ”I don’t do groups” Brittenum during the group round. After the evil twin tried to throw Elliott under the bus in front of the judges, Elliott had the last laugh. Randy Jackson declared Elliott, ”The best one of all y’all.”
Image Credit: Fox
February 15 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!