Slide 1 of 11
Elliott Yamin (season 5)
”It was just emotional,” is how Elliott Yamin described Hollywood Week. Worried about his beloved mom, who was in the hospital, Elliott broke down after he advanced despite some botched lyrics in a solo. The soulful singer also had to share the stage with Terrell ”I don’t do groups” Brittenum during the group round. After the evil twin tried to throw Elliott under the bus in front of the judges, Elliott had the last laugh. Randy Jackson declared Elliott, ”The best one of all y’all.”
Image Credit: Fox
February 15 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!