Slide 1 of 11
Elliott Yamin (season 5)
”It was just emotional,” is how Elliott Yamin described Hollywood Week. Worried about his beloved mom, who was in the hospital, Elliott broke down after he advanced despite some botched lyrics in a solo. The soulful singer also had to share the stage with Terrell ”I don’t do groups” Brittenum during the group round. After the evil twin tried to throw Elliott under the bus in front of the judges, Elliott had the last laugh. Randy Jackson declared Elliott, ”The best one of all y’all.”
Image Credit: Fox
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!