Slide 1 of 13
13. TIM URBAN, ”Under My Thumb” (Season 9)
Putting aside the fact that the Rolling Stones’ sexually aggressive ditty has no place on the supposedly family-friendly Idol stage, Tim’s emotionally tone-deaf, reggae-fied(!) rendition was cataclysmically jarring. We’ll never forget the sound of the polite Texan straining his voice and reciting the lines ”Under my thumb/ The squirming dog who’s just had her day” as if he were singing ”Kumbaya.” Yowza.
Image Credit: Michael Becker/ Fox
May 5 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!