Slide 1 of 13
13. TIM URBAN, ”Under My Thumb” (Season 9)
Putting aside the fact that the Rolling Stones’ sexually aggressive ditty has no place on the supposedly family-friendly Idol stage, Tim’s emotionally tone-deaf, reggae-fied(!) rendition was cataclysmically jarring. We’ll never forget the sound of the polite Texan straining his voice and reciting the lines ”Under my thumb/ The squirming dog who’s just had her day” as if he were singing ”Kumbaya.” Yowza.
Image Credit: Michael Becker/ Fox
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!