Slide 1 of 13
13. TIM URBAN, ”Under My Thumb” (Season 9)
Putting aside the fact that the Rolling Stones’ sexually aggressive ditty has no place on the supposedly family-friendly Idol stage, Tim’s emotionally tone-deaf, reggae-fied(!) rendition was cataclysmically jarring. We’ll never forget the sound of the polite Texan straining his voice and reciting the lines ”Under my thumb/ The squirming dog who’s just had her day” as if he were singing ”Kumbaya.” Yowza.
Image Credit: Michael Becker/ Fox
May 5 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!