Slide 1 of 15
REBOOT THE JUDGES’ PANEL, BUT (GULP!) KEEP KARA
After nine seasons, Randy still hasn’t learned the fine art of giving succinct, honest, witty feedback to contestants. Ellen, meanwhile, seems to have lost interest in giving any feedback whatsoever (aside from calling everything ”great!”). Idol’s producers should give ‘em both the hook, and replace them with folks who’ll inspire formerly annoying Kara to further raise her game, not drag her into a pit of mealy-mouthed ineloquence. As Project Runway has proven, a judges’ table can sustain more than one tough, opinionated panelist.
Image Credit: Michael Becker/Fox
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!