Slide 1 of 10
BEST: The ladies of American Hustle
Wardrobe designer Michael Wilkinson pulled vintage dresses from the vault at Halston and created custom gowns for Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams. ”It’s the ’70s! All the women had burnt their bra by then,” he says of the skin baring costumes. Adams’ character alone had more than 50 changes, including a scene-stealing ,a href=”http://popstyle.ew.com/2013/11/15/amy-adams-sexy-scene-stealing-american...” target=”_blank”>macrame bathing suit. ”Amy had a pair of bright purple stretch jeans that she called her ‘happy pants.’ They were literally so tight she had to lie down on the floor of her trailer, [hook] a coat hanger around the zipper and gently pull it up. They made her legs look like they were six feet long.”
Image Credit: Francois Duhamel
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!