Slide 1 of 10
BEST: The ladies of American Hustle
Wardrobe designer Michael Wilkinson pulled vintage dresses from the vault at Halston and created custom gowns for Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams. ”It’s the ’70s! All the women had burnt their bra by then,” he says of the skin baring costumes. Adams’ character alone had more than 50 changes, including a scene-stealing ,a href=”http://popstyle.ew.com/2013/11/15/amy-adams-sexy-scene-stealing-american...” target=”_blank”>macrame bathing suit. ”Amy had a pair of bright purple stretch jeans that she called her ‘happy pants.’ They were literally so tight she had to lie down on the floor of her trailer, [hook] a coat hanger around the zipper and gently pull it up. They made her legs look like they were six feet long.”
Image Credit: Francois Duhamel
December 6 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...