Slide 1 of 10
BEST: The ladies of American Hustle
Wardrobe designer Michael Wilkinson pulled vintage dresses from the vault at Halston and created custom gowns for Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams. ”It’s the ’70s! All the women had burnt their bra by then,” he says of the skin baring costumes. Adams’ character alone had more than 50 changes, including a scene-stealing ,a href=”http://popstyle.ew.com/2013/11/15/amy-adams-sexy-scene-stealing-american...” target=”_blank”>macrame bathing suit. ”Amy had a pair of bright purple stretch jeans that she called her ‘happy pants.’ They were literally so tight she had to lie down on the floor of her trailer, [hook] a coat hanger around the zipper and gently pull it up. They made her legs look like they were six feet long.”
Image Credit: Francois Duhamel
December 6 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!