Slide 1 of 29
Gone Baby Gone (2007)
Affleck already had Oscar gold for writing 1998’s Good Will Hunting with Matt Damon, but his decision to co-write and helm this Beantown noir proved he wasn’t a one-hit wonder behind the scenes.
The Town (2010)
After staying behind the camera for Gone Baby Gone, Affleck was a practical one-man band, writing, directing, and starring in another Boston-set action drama. With Amy Ryan’s Academy Award nomination for Gone and Jeremy Renner’s nod, it seems Affleck two-sided perspective certainly hasn’t hurt his actors’ performances.
Generating early Oscar buzz since hitting the festival circuit, Affleck’s movie about a (fake) movie could net him a Best Director nomination come 2013, cementing him as a serious Hollywood power player. —Lanford Beard
Image Credit: Claire Folger
October 12 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!