Slide 1 of 29
Gone Baby Gone (2007)
Affleck already had Oscar gold for writing 1998’s Good Will Hunting with Matt Damon, but his decision to co-write and helm this Beantown noir proved he wasn’t a one-hit wonder behind the scenes.
The Town (2010)
After staying behind the camera for Gone Baby Gone, Affleck was a practical one-man band, writing, directing, and starring in another Boston-set action drama. With Amy Ryan’s Academy Award nomination for Gone and Jeremy Renner’s nod, it seems Affleck two-sided perspective certainly hasn’t hurt his actors’ performances.
Generating early Oscar buzz since hitting the festival circuit, Affleck’s movie about a (fake) movie could net him a Best Director nomination come 2013, cementing him as a serious Hollywood power player. —Lanford Beard
Image Credit: Claire Folger
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!