Slide 1 of 8
After the success of Arrow, The CW is turning its attention to one of DC Comics’ most beloved heroes—Barry Allen, a.k.a. the Flash, played by Glee’s Grant Gustin. ”It’s always been a favorite character of mine,” says exec producer Greg Berlanti of the crime-scene investigator who’s given superspeed after being struck by lightning. Debuting on Oct. 7, season 1 follows Barry as he adapts to his new abilities while searching for answers to the death of his mother. And look for the worlds of The Flash and Arrow to collide: The pilot features a climactic chat between Allen and Stephen Amell’s Oliver Queen. Explains Berlanti, ”One of the joys for those of us who read these books as a kid are moments like this where the characters interact and work together.” —Tim Stack
Image Credit: Jack Rowand/The CW
July 23 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!