Slide 1 of 8
After the success of Arrow, The CW is turning its attention to one of DC Comics’ most beloved heroes—Barry Allen, a.k.a. the Flash, played by Glee’s Grant Gustin. ”It’s always been a favorite character of mine,” says exec producer Greg Berlanti of the crime-scene investigator who’s given superspeed after being struck by lightning. Debuting on Oct. 7, season 1 follows Barry as he adapts to his new abilities while searching for answers to the death of his mother. And look for the worlds of The Flash and Arrow to collide: The pilot features a climactic chat between Allen and Stephen Amell’s Oliver Queen. Explains Berlanti, ”One of the joys for those of us who read these books as a kid are moments like this where the characters interact and work together.” —Tim Stack
Image Credit: Jack Rowand/The CW
July 23 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!