Slide 1 of 30
BESTSaludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros (1943/45)
Commissioned by the State Department to promote the Good Neighbor Policy — a wartime initiative to strengthen ties between the U.S. and Latin America — Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros are spirited episodic travelogues through Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Chile. But they’re also two of the more experimental entries to the Disney canon, boldly mixing animation with live-action photography, like when Donald Duck shimmies with flesh-and-blood samba dancer Aurora Miranda (sister of Carmen), and even for the first time showing a behind-the-scenes look at Disney’s own animation process. This diptych fiesta still pulses with life. ¡Olé!
Image Credit: Everett Collection
January 27 2015 — 2:11 PM EST
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!