Slide 1 of 30
BESTSaludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros (1943/45)
Commissioned by the State Department to promote the Good Neighbor Policy — a wartime initiative to strengthen ties between the U.S. and Latin America — Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros are spirited episodic travelogues through Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Chile. But they’re also two of the more experimental entries to the Disney canon, boldly mixing animation with live-action photography, like when Donald Duck shimmies with flesh-and-blood samba dancer Aurora Miranda (sister of Carmen), and even for the first time showing a behind-the-scenes look at Disney’s own animation process. This diptych fiesta still pulses with life. ¡Olé!
Image Credit: Everett Collection
August 8 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!