Slide 1 of 10
Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
The last two Assassin?s Creed games (Brotherhood and Revelation) were both decent polishes on Assassin?s Creed II. But this true sequel, set during the Revolutionary War, features major advances in just about every aspect of the game — graphics, gameplay, combat, you name it. At one point, your half-Native-American assassin, Connor Kenway, takes command of an American naval vessel, and the resulting nautical battle left us thunderstruck, from the undulating ocean waves to the breakneck strategy of aiming cannons. This is how you keep a gaming franchise feeling fresh, alive, and exhilarating. (Available Oct. 30 on PS3 and Xbox 360, with a Wii U release to follow.) —Adam B. Vary
June 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!