Slide 1 of 10
Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
The last two Assassin?s Creed games (Brotherhood and Revelation) were both decent polishes on Assassin?s Creed II. But this true sequel, set during the Revolutionary War, features major advances in just about every aspect of the game — graphics, gameplay, combat, you name it. At one point, your half-Native-American assassin, Connor Kenway, takes command of an American naval vessel, and the resulting nautical battle left us thunderstruck, from the undulating ocean waves to the breakneck strategy of aiming cannons. This is how you keep a gaming franchise feeling fresh, alive, and exhilarating. (Available Oct. 30 on PS3 and Xbox 360, with a Wii U release to follow.) —Adam B. Vary Click here for EW's complete snap judgment of Assassin's Creed III
June 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...