Slide 1 of 15
Matthew Rhys, The Americans
He’s a Welshman playing a Russian playing an American. And if that’s not tricky enough, he also needs to make us believe that his character, a coldblooded, KGB-trained killer, is actually a very sensitive, emotional guy — the type who’s always waiting with coffee and donuts when his wife returns from a top-secret mission. In fact, Rhys plays the cowed husband so well, he’ll convince you that his co-star Kerri Russell — who’s all of 90 pounds — is the most dangerous bitch alive. —Melissa Maerz
Image Credit: Craig Blankenhorn/FX
January 27 2015 — 2:11 PM EST
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!