Slide 1 of 15
Vera Farmiga, Bates Motel
We all know that Psycho’s Norman Bates famously had mommy issues — and now we know why, thanks to Farmiga’s full-bodied performance as mama Norma to teenage Norman (Finding Neverland’s Freddie Highmore) on A&E’s prequel series Bates Motel. Desperately clinging to her son like a manic depressive lioness, she portrays both a formidable heroine and an unstable mess. —Tim Stack
Image Credit: Joseph Lederer/A&E
April 24 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!