Slide 1 of 15
Vera Farmiga, Bates Motel
We all know that Psycho’s Norman Bates famously had mommy issues — and now we know why, thanks to Farmiga’s full-bodied performance as mama Norma to teenage Norman (Finding Neverland’s Freddie Highmore) on A&E’s prequel series Bates Motel. Desperately clinging to her son like a manic depressive lioness, she portrays both a formidable heroine and an unstable mess. —Tim Stack
Image Credit: Joseph Lederer/A&E
April 24 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!