Slide 1 of 19
TOSS-UP: Neil Patrick Harris’s Opener
As an awards-show host, Neil Patrick Harris is known for starting the night with mindblowing, crowd-pleasing musical numbers. He opted out of that tradition this year, instead relying on a pre-taped cold open where he solicited ”advice” from this year’s TV clips and was ”interrupted” by Emmys hosts from years past (starting with last year’s disappointing Jimmy Kimmel). All in all, this year’s monologue felt over-long and under-funny. (For example, did we really need a Les Moonves cameo appreciated by only the insider-iest of insiders?) Of course, there were a few stand-out moments, including Kevin Spacey’s hilarious House of Cards-style monologue to the camera and Amy Poehler and Tina Fey’s popcorn-chomping, 3-D-glasses-wearing bit where they told NPH, ”[Twerking] might be degrading, but we would be degrateful.” And speaking of…
Image Credit: CBS
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!