Slide 1 of 22
Julia Roberts in Elie Saab
He said: You know those fish who hang out on the ocean floor and sort of just crawl, and their skin gradually accrues this exoskeletal layer of sand and shiny undersea baubles? You know the fish I’m talking about, they’re called [Googles frantically]…Demersal Fish! Anyhow, this dress looks like Julia Roberts put on scuba gear and went to the bottom of the ocean to hunt the biggest Demersal Fish on the planet, and then Elie Saab turned the carcass into a really swell-looking dress. But demerits for the blah shoes. B+
She said: I cannot and will not attempt to compete with that description, so I’ll just say I’m glad Julia finally kicked her black-and-white habit—that is, her custom of wearing black and white. Not the nun outfit I assume she puts on whenever the cameras are off. B+
Image Credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
August 26 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!