Slide 1 of 22
Julia Roberts in Elie Saab
He said: You know those fish who hang out on the ocean floor and sort of just crawl, and their skin gradually accrues this exoskeletal layer of sand and shiny undersea baubles? You know the fish I’m talking about, they’re called [Googles frantically]…Demersal Fish! Anyhow, this dress looks like Julia Roberts put on scuba gear and went to the bottom of the ocean to hunt the biggest Demersal Fish on the planet, and then Elie Saab turned the carcass into a really swell-looking dress. But demerits for the blah shoes. B+
She said: I cannot and will not attempt to compete with that description, so I’ll just say I’m glad Julia finally kicked her black-and-white habit—that is, her custom of wearing black and white. Not the nun outfit I assume she puts on whenever the cameras are off. B+
Image Credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
August 26 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!