Slide 1 of 23
TOSS-UP: Seth Meyers’ Monologue
While Meyers got in some solid (if predictable) jokes about the increasing non-network domination of the Emmys and the perplexing choice to move the ceremony to Monday, a monologue in which one of the early jokes is an acknowledgment that the gags are flailing (”Jokes are like nominees: They can’t all be winners”), is going to be an uphill climb. Then again, two of Meyers' goals were ”no twerking” and ”avoid a trainwreck,” so perhaps he should consider this monologue a mission accomplished?
Image Credit: Lester Cohen/WireImage
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!