Slide 1 of 23
TOSS-UP: Seth Meyers’ Monologue
While Meyers got in some solid (if predictable) jokes about the increasing non-network domination of the Emmys and the perplexing choice to move the ceremony to Monday, a monologue in which one of the early jokes is an acknowledgment that the gags are flailing (”Jokes are like nominees: They can’t all be winners”), is going to be an uphill climb. Then again, two of Meyers' goals were ”no twerking” and ”avoid a trainwreck,” so perhaps he should consider this monologue a mission accomplished?
Image Credit: Lester Cohen/WireImage
August 26 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!