Slide 1 of 23
TOSS-UP: Seth Meyers’ Monologue
While Meyers got in some solid (if predictable) jokes about the increasing non-network domination of the Emmys and the perplexing choice to move the ceremony to Monday, a monologue in which one of the early jokes is an acknowledgment that the gags are flailing (”Jokes are like nominees: They can’t all be winners”), is going to be an uphill climb. Then again, two of Meyers' goals were ”no twerking” and ”avoid a trainwreck,” so perhaps he should consider this monologue a mission accomplished?
Image Credit: Lester Cohen/WireImage
August 26 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!