Slide 1 of 30
Best Drama Series: Fringe
The fourth season of Fringe wasn’t perfect. The bold decision to reboot both of the show’s universes gave the early episodes a feeling of treading water; the season finale was a confusing mish-mash. But no other show on television now does as good a job of juggling lofty sci-fi concepts with thrillingly intimate human emotions. One-off episodes like ”And Those We’ve Left Behind” confirm the show’s place as the heir to X-Files; meanwhile, the standout dystopian flashforward ”Letters of Transit” feels like old-fashioned pulp with a distinctively modern heart. —Darren Franich
Image Credit: Andrew Matusik/FOX
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!