Slide 1 of 9
The Lone Ranger
After the dust had cleared from the summer’s bloodiest critical massacre, Johnny Depp & Co. argued that the reviewers had a grudge against The Lone Ranger. It’s true that critics took great relish in ambushing Gore Verbinski’s Disnified Western, in which Depp played Tonto and Armie Hammer wore the iconic black mask, but the bloated epic was a giant, slow-moving target. Disney admitted the bomb could ultimately cost them $190 million, casting great doubts that the Ranger will get back in the saddle any time soon.
Image Credit: Peter Mountain
August 21 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!