Slide 1 of 9
The Lone Ranger
After the dust had cleared from the summer’s bloodiest critical massacre, Johnny Depp & Co. argued that the reviewers had a grudge against The Lone Ranger. It’s true that critics took great relish in ambushing Gore Verbinski’s Disnified Western, in which Depp played Tonto and Armie Hammer wore the iconic black mask, but the bloated epic was a giant, slow-moving target. Disney admitted the bomb could ultimately cost them $190 million, casting great doubts that the Ranger will get back in the saddle any time soon.
Image Credit: Peter Mountain
August 21 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!