Slide 1 of 9
The Lone Ranger
After the dust had cleared from the summer’s bloodiest critical massacre, Johnny Depp & Co. argued that the reviewers had a grudge against The Lone Ranger. It’s true that critics took great relish in ambushing Gore Verbinski’s Disnified Western, in which Depp played Tonto and Armie Hammer wore the iconic black mask, but the bloated epic was a giant, slow-moving target. Disney admitted the bomb could ultimately cost them $190 million, casting great doubts that the Ranger will get back in the saddle any time soon.
Image Credit: Peter Mountain
August 21 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!