Slide 1 of 30
Best Avengers : X-Men: Days of Future Past
Uniting three very different strands of a long-in-the-tooth franchise with an uneven track record: Future Past could’ve been a last-chance cash-grab. (Don’t even mention the fuzzy time-travel science.) Instead, director Bryan Singer tweaked the franchise-mash model perfected by 2012’s Avengers, turning the seventh X-Men film into a swan song for the original (future) X-Men, a showcase for the new (past) X-Men, and an opportunity for Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine to stab people wearing ’70s clothes.
Image Credit: Alan Markfield
August 31 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!