Slide 1 of 30
Best Avengers : X-Men: Days of Future Past
Uniting three very different strands of a long-in-the-tooth franchise with an uneven track record: Future Past could’ve been a last-chance cash-grab. (Don’t even mention the fuzzy time-travel science.) Instead, director Bryan Singer tweaked the franchise-mash model perfected by 2012’s Avengers, turning the seventh X-Men film into a swan song for the original (future) X-Men, a showcase for the new (past) X-Men, and an opportunity for Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine to stab people wearing ’70s clothes.
Image Credit: Alan Markfield
August 31 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!