Slide 1 of 6
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Tuesdays, 8 p.m., ABC
Leave it to Joss Whedon to co-create a smarter superhero drama, one that geeks out over conventions as often as it skewers them. S.H.I.E.L.D. brings The Avengers’ Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) back from the dead to lead a covert government force that protects mortals from mutants, choreographs exquisite fights to French music, and wages awesomely nerdy debates about whether Thor is a god. When not planning helicopter escapes, the crew is joking about what Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division means to them. ”It means someone really wanted our initials to spell out S.H.I.E.L.D.,” quips Agent Ward (Brett Dalton). Throw in some comic-book jokes and you’ve got the best Marvel caper since that green monster and some beefcake with a hammer saved the city last summer. —Melissa Maerz
Image Credit: Bob D'Amico/ABC
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!