Slide 1 of 6
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Tuesdays, 8 p.m., ABC
Leave it to Joss Whedon to co-create a smarter superhero drama, one that geeks out over conventions as often as it skewers them. S.H.I.E.L.D. brings The Avengers’ Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) back from the dead to lead a covert government force that protects mortals from mutants, choreographs exquisite fights to French music, and wages awesomely nerdy debates about whether Thor is a god. When not planning helicopter escapes, the crew is joking about what Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division means to them. ”It means someone really wanted our initials to spell out S.H.I.E.L.D.,” quips Agent Ward (Brett Dalton). Throw in some comic-book jokes and you’ve got the best Marvel caper since that green monster and some beefcake with a hammer saved the city last summer. —Melissa Maerz
Image Credit: Bob D'Amico/ABC
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!