Slide 1 of 12
Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan)
The role: A man with a complicated past, Christian is described as the ”epitome of male beauty” in the book. A successful businessman, he has a dark side in the world of BDSM. When he meets the shy Anastasia Steele, her inexperience sexually and his physical attraction to her makes him develop feelings that he isn’t fully prepared to deal with.
The actor: The Irish model and actor landed the coveted title role after Sons of Anarchy’s Charlie Hunnam dropped out. Perhaps best known for his work as a Calvin Klein underwear model, Dornan has had small roles in films like Marie Antoinette and on TV in Once Upon a Time, but this is obviously his biggest role to date. Learn more about Jamie Dornan here.
Image Credit: FRANK OCKENFELS for EW
December 3 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!