Slide 1 of 12
Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan)
The role: A man with a complicated past, Christian is described as the ”epitome of male beauty” in the book. A successful businessman, he has a dark side in the world of BDSM. When he meets the shy Anastasia Steele, her inexperience sexually and his physical attraction to her makes him develop feelings that he isn’t fully prepared to deal with. The actor: The Irish model and actor landed the coveted title role after Sons of Anarchy’s Charlie Hunnam dropped out. Perhaps best known for his work as a Calvin Klein underwear model, Dornan has had small roles in films like Marie Antoinette and on TV in Once Upon a Time, but this is obviously his biggest role to date. Learn more about Jamie Dornan here.
Image Credit: FRANK OCKENFELS for EW
December 3 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels