Slide 1 of 12
Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan)
The role: A man with a complicated past, Christian is described as the ”epitome of male beauty” in the book. A successful businessman, he has a dark side in the world of BDSM. When he meets the shy Anastasia Steele, her inexperience sexually and his physical attraction to her makes him develop feelings that he isn’t fully prepared to deal with.
The actor: The Irish model and actor landed the coveted title role after Sons of Anarchy’s Charlie Hunnam dropped out. Perhaps best known for his work as a Calvin Klein underwear model, Dornan has had small roles in films like Marie Antoinette and on TV in Once Upon a Time, but this is obviously his biggest role to date. Learn more about Jamie Dornan here.
Image Credit: FRANK OCKENFELS for EW
December 3 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!