Slide 17 of 26
Untitled Bourne Film (July 29)
The world has changed drastically in the eight years since Matt Damon last appeared as Jason Bourne on the big screen. “There’s been the financial collapse, the great recession, all these issues of cyberwarfare and civil liberties,” says Damon, who agreed to resurrect his superspy for returning director Paul Greengrass. (Neither was involved in the 2012 spin-off starring Jeremy Renner.) The tumultuous present serves as the backdrop for this story, in which Bourne resumes his quest for answers about his past. “We find him in a dark and tortured place,” says the actor, who’s also producing. Joining the action are Alicia Vikander (The Danish Girl) as a cyberspecialist and Tommy Lee Jones as an old-school CIA agent. —Nina Terrero
December 30 2015 — 12:01 PM EST
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...