Slide 1 of 22
“This should begin to make things right.”
Those are the first words spoken in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and they also apply to the new wave of toys and merchandise that begins rolling into stores this month, many of them prominently featuring Rey, the scavenger-turned-hero whom fans have been missing.
This gallery includes 22 exclusive images of new Star Wars toys, but those who’ve been following the #WheresRey controversy on social media may be most interested to see how Daisy Ridley’s character is represented – especially since she was left out of a few early products, like the Target collection of figures and The Force Awakens Monopoly game (which annoyed even director J.J. Abrams.)
“This new wave of product has got key elements from the film. You see Rey with a saber, her blaster, and a number of other elements we wanted to hold back until the film had been released,” says Paul Southern, head of Lucasfilm licensing. “The timing is good to try to address some of the social discussion that has been created through the ‘Where’s Rey?’ movement.”
The short answer is: Here she is …
January 12 2016 — 1:06 AM EST
- 27 Great Revenge Movies
- 'Alice in Wonderland': Witticisms and Wisdom From the Disney Classic
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup