Slide 1 of 25
1992 — BILLY DOUGLAS (Ryan Phillippe), One Life to Live (ABC)
Network TV’s first gay high schooler (played by a teenage Ryan Phillippe), came out to dispel rumors that he was being molested by the town’s compassionate pastor — and then, shortly afterward, bolted to attend Yale. ”I would worry, ‘What will the people at school think?’,” Phillippe admitted 18 years later to Men’s Health, ”And they fully shunned me in a lot of ways…but it ended up being an incredible experience and such a time of growth.”
Image Credit: ABC
March 2 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!