Slide 1 of 25
1992 — BILLY DOUGLAS (Ryan Phillippe), One Life to Live (ABC)
Network TV’s first gay high schooler (played by a teenage Ryan Phillippe), came out to dispel rumors that he was being molested by the town’s compassionate pastor — and then, shortly afterward, bolted to attend Yale. ”I would worry, ‘What will the people at school think?’,” Phillippe admitted 18 years later to Men’s Health, ”And they fully shunned me in a lot of ways…but it ended up being an incredible experience and such a time of growth.”
Image Credit: ABC
March 2 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!