Slide 1 of 25
1992 — BILLY DOUGLAS (Ryan Phillippe), One Life to Live (ABC)
Network TV’s first gay high schooler (played by a teenage Ryan Phillippe), came out to dispel rumors that he was being molested by the town’s compassionate pastor — and then, shortly afterward, bolted to attend Yale. ”I would worry, ‘What will the people at school think?’,” Phillippe admitted 18 years later to Men’s Health, ”And they fully shunned me in a lot of ways…but it ended up being an incredible experience and such a time of growth.”
Image Credit: ABC
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!