Slide 1 of 20
Beyonce and Jay Z, ‘Drunk in Love’
Since Beyoncé wrapped up 2013 by grabbing the biggest headlines with the surprise release of her self-titled fourth album, why wouldn’t she kick off the Grammy Awards? With the aid of some sure to be epilepsy-inducing strobes and a deeply uncomfortable-looking latticework singlet that rode up her famous backside, Beyoncé let the slow burn of ”Drunk In Love” speak for itself. That song’s big problem is that it sort of spins in one place (just like her rotating set), which is why Jay Z’s entrance was well timed and provided just enough of a boost. This show could have used a little more spectacle to elevate the energy level to kick things off, but it’s hard to argue with Bey and Jay’s superstar bona fides. B+ —Kyle Anderson
Image Credit: Larry Busacca/WireImage
January 27 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!