Slide 1 of 20
Beyonce and Jay Z, ‘Drunk in Love’
Since Beyoncé wrapped up 2013 by grabbing the biggest headlines with the surprise release of her self-titled fourth album, why wouldn’t she kick off the Grammy Awards? With the aid of some sure to be epilepsy-inducing strobes and a deeply uncomfortable-looking latticework singlet that rode up her famous backside, Beyoncé let the slow burn of ”Drunk In Love” speak for itself. That song’s big problem is that it sort of spins in one place (just like her rotating set), which is why Jay Z’s entrance was well timed and provided just enough of a boost. This show could have used a little more spectacle to elevate the energy level to kick things off, but it’s hard to argue with Bey and Jay’s superstar bona fides. B+ —Kyle Anderson
Image Credit: Larry Busacca/WireImage
January 27 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!