Slide 1 of 16
16. The River Spirit, Spirited Away
Much of Miyazaki’s work centers on transformation, and few transformations are more memorable than the sludgy trash-infested monster who — after a rather memorable bath — stands revealed as an ancient river spirit. Also doubles as a great anthropomorphized anti-litter campaign.
February 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!