Slide 1 of 16
16. The River Spirit, Spirited Away
Much of Miyazaki’s work centers on transformation, and few transformations are more memorable than the sludgy trash-infested monster who — after a rather memorable bath — stands revealed as an ancient river spirit. Also doubles as a great anthropomorphized anti-litter campaign.
February 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...