Slide 1 of 8
Frontman, Kings of Leon
”We were on the Lollapalooza tour back in 2003, and we were so green that no one really knew our music. So behind us on stage would be all of these bands, and in front of us would be 15 people rolling their eyes. There was this one band, and I’m not going to name any names, but they were really cocky towards us. Everything they would say was very backhanded, and they were always bragging about their success. We got fed up, so we invited their guitar player on our bus, knowing that he had to go on stage in about a half hour. I was like, ‘Hey, man, let me pour you a drink.’ He drank it, and I was like, ‘One more for the road!’ And I overdosed him once again. He barely got through the set — it was an awful night for the guy. Now looking back, part of me feels bad, but we won that battle. You be a dick and I’m gonna embarrass you in front of a lot of people! I don’t think they’re still a band now, but if I ever see him, I don’t think he’ll be saying anything to me.”
Image Credit: Neil Lupin/Getty Images
May 15 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!