Slide 1 of 8
Frontman, Kings of Leon
”We were on the Lollapalooza tour back in 2003, and we were so green that no one really knew our music. So behind us on stage would be all of these bands, and in front of us would be 15 people rolling their eyes. There was this one band, and I’m not going to name any names, but they were really cocky towards us. Everything they would say was very backhanded, and they were always bragging about their success. We got fed up, so we invited their guitar player on our bus, knowing that he had to go on stage in about a half hour. I was like, ‘Hey, man, let me pour you a drink.’ He drank it, and I was like, ‘One more for the road!’ And I overdosed him once again. He barely got through the set — it was an awful night for the guy. Now looking back, part of me feels bad, but we won that battle. You be a dick and I’m gonna embarrass you in front of a lot of people! I don’t think they’re still a band now, but if I ever see him, I don’t think he’ll be saying anything to me.”
Image Credit: Neil Lupin/Getty Images
May 15 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!