Slide 1 of 7
In the crime caper road comedy Hit and Run — which is, ahem, hitting theaters Aug. 24 — Parenthood’s Dax Shepard (pictured, right) stars as Charlie Bronson, a former getaway driver currently hiding out under witness protection. (Shepard also penned the screenplay, and directed the film with David Palmer.) But when Charlie’s girlfriend of roughly four years gets a job offer in Los Angeles, explains producer Andrew Panay (Wedding Crashers), ”he decides to take it upon himself to leave witness protection to drive her across the country to take her to her dream job that she’s always wanted. Things about his past that she doesn’t know about come catching up to him.”
January 27 2015 — 2:11 PM EST
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!