Slide 1 of 7
In the crime caper road comedy Hit and Run — which is, ahem, hitting theaters Aug. 24 — Parenthood’s Dax Shepard (pictured, right) stars as Charlie Bronson, a former getaway driver currently hiding out under witness protection. (Shepard also penned the screenplay, and directed the film with David Palmer.) But when Charlie’s girlfriend of roughly four years gets a job offer in Los Angeles, explains producer Andrew Panay (Wedding Crashers), ”he decides to take it upon himself to leave witness protection to drive her across the country to take her to her dream job that she’s always wanted. Things about his past that she doesn’t know about come catching up to him.”
April 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Taylor Schilling, Jessica Alba, Beyoncé & More!