Slide 1 of 13
Macaulay Culkin (Kevin McCallister)
THEN: Macaulay Culkin became a household name with the 1990 release of Home Alone. The child star, who had previously made TV cameos and appeared in 1989’s Uncle Buck, nabbed the starring role in the movie. He played Kevin McCallister, a young boy who is accidentally left home alone by his family and faces the ensuing shenanigans of his solo time.
NOW: Culkin had a busy few years after the comedy hit theaters, continuing his big-screen career in 1991’s My Girl, the 1992 follow-up Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, and 1994’s Richie Rich. After a bit of a hiatus in the late ’90s and early ’00s, Culkin returned to acting with appearances in 2004’s Saved!, NBC’s Kings, and Adult Swim’s Robot Chicken. He turned his focus to music in recent years, fronting the pizza-themed Velvet Underground tribute band, The Pizza Underground.
Image Credit: Astrid Stawiarz/WireImage for Turner Networks
November 16 2015 — 10:37 AM EST
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List