Slide 1 of 6
6. George Lazenby
When Steve Jobs once remarked that he saw the Beatles as the ideal business model, he praised Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison. But then he said, ”I don’t know what Ringo did.” It’s kind of the same with George Lazenby, a car-salesman-turned-model-turned actor, who seems like he’s self-consciously transforming himself into a cipher in his one and only Bond flick, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. Oddly enough, that’s one of the absolute best 007 movies — but not because of Lazenby, who shows more personality when undercover as a fussbudget genealogy expert than he does as Bond proper. Luckily, that film had one of the alltime best villains, Telly Savalas as Ernst Blofeld, and one of the best Bond Girls, Diana Rigg’s Tracy. Scratch that. She’s a Bond Woman.
Image Credit: Everett Collection
August 3 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!