Slide 1 of 6
6. George Lazenby
When Steve Jobs once remarked that he saw the Beatles as the ideal business model, he praised Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison. But then he said, ”I don’t know what Ringo did.” It’s kind of the same with George Lazenby, a car-salesman-turned-model-turned actor, who seems like he’s self-consciously transforming himself into a cipher in his one and only Bond flick, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. Oddly enough, that’s one of the absolute best 007 movies — but not because of Lazenby, who shows more personality when undercover as a fussbudget genealogy expert than he does as Bond proper. Luckily, that film had one of the alltime best villains, Telly Savalas as Ernst Blofeld, and one of the best Bond Girls, Diana Rigg’s Tracy. Scratch that. She’s a Bond Woman.
Image Credit: Everett Collection
August 3 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!