Slide 1 of 10
True Romance (1993)
James Gandolfini was riveting as a sadistic mob hit man in this underrated Quentin Tarantino-penned film (Tony Scott directed). Gandolfini’s character Virgil has a brutal motel room fight with Patricia Arquette and delivers a chilling monologue on being an assassin: ”Now, the first time you kill somebody, that’s the hardest…. Now…I do it just to watch their f—in’ expression change.” —James Hibberd
June 19 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!