Slide 1 of 10
JIMI HENDRIX (1967)
Marshall met Hendrix at the Monterey Pop Festival, where this shot was taken, and the pair bonded over names. ”Marshall” was both the guitar legend’s middle name and the name of the amp he used. ”We were all pretty stoned,” the photographer would recall, ”but there were three Marshalls onstage at once.”
Image Credit: ©Jim Marshall/marshallphoto.com
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!