Slide 1 of 10
JIMI HENDRIX (1967) Marshall met Hendrix at the Monterey Pop Festival, where this shot was taken, and the pair bonded over names. ”Marshall” was both the guitar legend’s middle name and the name of the amp he used. ”We were all pretty stoned,” the photographer would recall, ”but there were three Marshalls onstage at once.”
Image Credit: ©Jim Marshall/marshallphoto.com
March 26 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your limited series/drama nominees are...