Slide 1 of 10
We can’t picture anyone else as the complicated Don Draper.
”He auditioned a bunch, and part of that was because he was unknown and the network was nervous about putting the weight of the series on an unknown,” recalls Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner. ”But right away he had a real intelligence about the material, which was complicated. In some of the scenes, none of the actors we saw got them except him.”
Image Credit: MICHAEL MULLER FOR EW
December 8 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!