Slide 1 of 10
We can’t picture anyone else as the complicated Don Draper.
”He auditioned a bunch, and part of that was because he was unknown and the network was nervous about putting the weight of the series on an unknown,” recalls Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner. ”But right away he had a real intelligence about the material, which was complicated. In some of the scenes, none of the actors we saw got them except him.”
Image Credit: MICHAEL MULLER FOR EW
December 8 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday