Slide 1 of 10
We can’t picture anyone else as the complicated Don Draper.
”He auditioned a bunch, and part of that was because he was unknown and the network was nervous about putting the weight of the series on an unknown,” recalls Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner. ”But right away he had a real intelligence about the material, which was complicated. In some of the scenes, none of the actors we saw got them except him.”
Image Credit: MICHAEL MULLER FOR EW
December 8 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!