Slide 1 of 14
Lois Lane made her debut in Action Comics #1 in June 1938, which also featured the first appearance of Superman himself. (It also featured a five page story about Scoop Scanlon, Five-Star Reporter, a character who clearly requires a gritty Christopher Nolan reboot.) Lois was introduced as a relentless go-getter and a direct opponent for her fellow journalist Clark Kent. This first incarnation of Lois had the fast-talking no-bull aspect of a Howard Hawks heroine, and was based partially on model Joanne Carter, who would later marry Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel.
Image Credit: DC Comics
March 29 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!