Slide 1 of 16
‘Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring’: Where Are They Now?
J.R.R. Tolkien’s high fantasy epic The Hobbit was first published in 1937, and although it launched the exciting and adventure-packed The Lord of the Rings trilogy, it took nearly half a century for the characters to be adapted into film. Peter Jackson’s 2001 movie The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is widely considered a landmark achievement in fantasy filmmaking, receiving widespread critical acclaim and inspiring two sequels and a prequel trilogy. Along with bringing Tolkien’s books to life, the films also launched its cast into superstardom — even those actors already famous before The Fellowship of the Ring gained a large, new fanbase because of their roles. Take a look at what these actors have been up to outside of Middle Earth.
Image Credit: New Line
April 25 2016 — 11:25 AM EDT
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big