Slide 1 of 13
Hugo ”Hurley” Reyes (Jorge Garcia)
Pre-crash story: Depressed and employed at Mr. Cluck’s Chicken Shack, Hurley played the lottery with a combination of numbers he heard repeated by a fellow mental patient. Although he won $156 million, he considered himself cursed following a series of unfortunate events (dead grandpa, stray meteorite, etc.). He was taking Flight 815 home after visiting Australia to learn about the digits.
Island story: Affable and helpful (he built a golf course to reduce stress), Hurley remained haunted by the numbers. But he also blossomed, finding brief romance with Libby and helping to thwart the Others with a heroic Dharma van ride (Dude!). One of six rescued castaways, Hurley wound up back in a mental home. (Did we mention he talks to the dead?) Ultimately, Jacob prodded him to return to the Island, where he learned he was a candidate to watch over the Island.
Sideways story: Meet the self-described ”luckiest guy in the world,” a happy lottery winner with a Mr. Cluck’s empire. He was approached by Libby, a mental patient who claimed to have known him in ”another life.” When the two finally kissed on a beach, memories of their Island life flooded Hurley’s mind. —Dan Snierson
Image Credit: Mario Perez/ABC
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!