Slide 1 of 9
O’Quinn has long been a reliable character actor, playing recurring roles as authority figures on such shows as The West Wing, Millennium, JAG, Harsh Realm, and Alias, the J.J. Abrams-created series that led to O’Quinn’s casting on Lost as island philosopher king John Locke. On film, his most memorable role has been the title character in the underrated 1987 thriller The Stepfather (shown). O’Quinn is alternatingly sympathetic and chilling as a serial killer who marries into ready-made families, then inevitably slaughters the new wife and kids when they fail to measure up to his rigid idea of family values. That ability to seem both fatherly and mysteriously menacing has served O’Quinn well on Lost.
Image Credit: Everett Collection
May 13 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!