Slide 1 of 14
Lady in Red
With a rouge-red shirt that matches her rouge-red lips, which in turn matches her rouge-red earrings, which almost perfectly aligns with her cherry-blond hair — all of it balanced by perfect rouge-red fingernails, this guaranteed-to-stop-traffic outfit is simultaneously a call to arms and a warning. In Indian culture, red is the traditional color of bridal dresses, which makes it a simultaneous symbol for both purity (marriage) and sexuality (marital relations.) In short, this outfit is meant to connote both innocence and experience, and also redness.
Image Credit: AMC
April 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!