Slide 1 of 14
Lady in Red
With a rouge-red shirt that matches her rouge-red lips, which in turn matches her rouge-red earrings, which almost perfectly aligns with her cherry-blond hair — all of it balanced by perfect rouge-red fingernails, this guaranteed-to-stop-traffic outfit is simultaneously a call to arms and a warning. In Indian culture, red is the traditional color of bridal dresses, which makes it a simultaneous symbol for both purity (marriage) and sexuality (marital relations.) In short, this outfit is meant to connote both innocence and experience, and also redness.
Image Credit: AMC
April 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!