Slide 1 of 20
I will insist that Jessica Simpson’s rendition of ''Take My Breath Away'' was far worse than ”These Boots Are Made for Walking.” She took a classic ’80s song that is still a staple at high school dances and screeched it to death. Not only do I hate her version, I can barely listen to Berlin’s version without thoughts of her creeping in my head. —Allison
Jessica Simpson’s ”Take My Breath Away.” Reminds of that scene in Jaws when the drunk sea captain gets the town’s attention by scratching his nails down the blackboard — which sounds 1000 percent more pleasant than this cover. Jessica Simpson must be stopped before she kills another great song again! —Danielle
Image Credit: Frank Micelotta/Getty Images
August 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!